Thursday 27 June 2013

Chicken says bock bock bock


Roast chicken! 
After the croissants, I felt this is really the time to start serious cooking. With the croissants, I feel I've done serious baking, so it was time for cooking too. 
Okay I know that roasting a whole chicken is not a big thing, and I am totally overreacting. If any housewife out there reading me, you guys are totally allowed to shake your head and continue those sarcastic smiles.
But I can't be less proud, I am sorry. 
I started it in the afternoon because I wanted it to be ready when my parents come home in the evening, which means that chic was studying me from the kitchen all morning.
She said (oh yes, she's a she) You are going to screw it. I died for nothing.
And I was trying my best to ignore her, I had my bruschettas for lunch and started the chicken mission.
I always pick up some music for cooking and recently I picked The Great Gatsby soundtrack, but today I wanted someting different, and dunno why, I picked the Lord of the Rings.
Any guesses, what kind of theme was on, when I first got the chic in my hand to wash it?
That's right. The orks are going to Mordor. No, it wasn't creepy, nooo. 
But finally, who made the best roast chicken ever? Oh, that is right. 
Big thanks to Judit Stahl's books, where I got the info about roasting time.


Sült csirke!
A croissant után úgy éreztem, épp itt az ideje, hogy elkezdjem a komoly főzést. A croissanttal megvolt a komoly sütés, itt volt az idő a főzésre is. (Itt most nem a konkrét gáztűzhely főzést értem, hanem egyszerűen a nem-sütés főzést).
Oké, tudom, hogy a sült csirke igazán nem nagy cucc, és kicsit túlreagálom. Ha olvas egy háziasszony is, egész nyugodtan rázza csak a fejét és folytassa a szarkasztikus mosolygást.
De nem tudok kevésbé büszke lenni, bocsánat.
Délután kezdtem, mivel azt akartam, hogy akkorra legyen kész, mire a szüleim hazaérnek este. Ez azt jelenti, hogy a csirke a konyhapultról tanulmányozott engem egész délelőtt.
Azt mondta El fogod szúrni. A semmiért haltam meg.
Igyekeztem tudomást sem venni róla, bruschettát csináltam ebédre és elkezdtem a csirke-hadműveletet.
Mindig zenére főzök, mostanában A Nagy Gatsby soundtrackre, de ma valami mást akartam, és fogalmam sincs miért, a Gyűrűk Urára esett a választásom.
Tipp, hogy melyik szám jött be akkor, mikor először fogtam meg a pipit, hogy megmossam? 
Bizony. Orkok Modorban. Nem, nem volt ijesztő, áááá.
Na de ki készítette el a legjobb sült csirkét valaha? Bizony.
Hatalmas köszönet Stahl Judit könyveinek, amikből megtudtam, mennyi a pontos sütési idő.



1 chicken 
80 g butter
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp sage
2 red onions
1 garlic
1 tsp salt
pinch of pepper
oven bag

First of all, you must know the weight of the chicken, because that is what the cooking time depends on.
Every 500 g means 20 minutes and you must add 30 more minutes.
So for example my chicken was 1,8 kilograms which is 1800 grams. 1800/500=3,6 3,6x20=72 +30 = 102 minutes.
Wash the chicken and wipe it with paper towels. Mix the creamy butter with the thyme, sage, salt, pepper and cover the chicken with it, inside and outside too, like it were body lotion.
Chop the red onions into bigger pieces, and put the half of them inside the chicken. Put it in the oven bag (close it and make some tiny holes with a toothpick), then place it in a heatproof bowl. 
Roast on 200 C for the necessary time.
When it is the half of the time, carefully put the bowl out, and turn the chicken up. 
45 minutes before ready put the peeled garlic cloves and the rest of the onion into the bowl.

1 csirke
80 g vaj
1 tk. kakukkfű
1 tk. zsálya
2 lilahagyma
1 fej fokhagyma
só, bors
sütőzacskó

Először pontosan lemérjük a csirkét, ugyanis ettől függ a sütési idő. Minden 500 g 20 percet jelent, amihez még 30 percet kell adni.
Például az én csirkém 1,8 kiló volt, ami ugye 1800 g. 1800/500=3,6 3,6x20=72 +30 = 102 perc.
Megmossuk a csirkét, megtörölgetjük papírtörlővel. Összekeverjük a krémes vajjal a fűszereket és bekenjük vele kívül-belül a csirkét úgy, mintha testápoló lenne.
A lilahagymát nagyobb darabokra szeleteljük, a felét a csirke hasába tesszük.
Beletesszük a csirkét a sütőzacskóba (lezárjuk, és fogpiszkálóval párszor megszurkáljuk), majd az egészet egy tűzálló tálba. 
200 fokon sütjük a kiszámolt ideig.
Félidőnél óvatosan kivesszük, gyorsan megfordítjuk a csirkét.
45 perccel a sütés vége előtt a tálba dobáljuk a maradék hagymát és a megpucolt fokhagymákat.


No comments:

Post a Comment